All things Thai culture…
Last month I posted about Khun Krajog’s Brush Up You Thai series on The Nation Weblog (no longer online). Well, Khun Krajog also blogs about Thai culture under the heading Of Things Thai.
His two latests posts deal with Thailand’s National Mother’s Day: National Mother Day (no longer online) and August 12 Mother Day Special: A tribute to Mother of the Land (no longer online). And as tomorrow is National Mother’s Day here in Thailand, what better way to learn about the celebration than from a Thai who is generously sharing the ways of his country?
UPDATE: GOODBYE to all my blog readers.
I just have received an email from The Nation weblog admin asking me to delete all my entries under an order from the president of The Nation, no other reasons given.
So I would like to say goodbye to you all who regularly read my two blogs, Free Speech Forum and Free Expression on various subjects.
This is just so sad to see. I enjoyed reading Khun Krajog’s posts about the Thai language and culture and I’m stumped to figure out what The Nation could object to. Just check out the subjects he penned on Of Things Thai:
- Part 1: Buddhism, Language, Traditions etc.
- Part 2: Buddhism, Language, Traditions, etc.
- Part 3: Traditions, Social Customs and Etiquette
- Part 4: Senses of Humility and Modesty in Buddhism
- Part 5: Marriage in Thai Buddhism, Language and Tradition, etc.
- Part 6: Marriage, Language and Tradition, etc.
- Part 7: Buddhism and Contradictory Practices in Thai Society
- Part 8: Buddhism and Contradictory Practices in Thai Society
- Part 9: Buddhism and its Law on Causes and Effects
- Part 10: Buddhism and its Law on Causes and Effects
- Part 11: (final): Buddhism and its Law on Causes and Effects
- Buddhism and Thai Tradition of respect
- National Mother Day
Khun Krajog, I hope you’ve found a new home for your posts.
Latest posts by Catherine Wentworth (see all)
- Aakanee.com’s Thai Recordings and Illustrations on Youtube - August 30, 2017
- FREE Thai Course in Suk: Learn to Read and Write Thai - August 14, 2017
- FREE DOWNLOADS: Updated Quick & Dirty Thai Vocabulary and Phrases - August 10, 2017