Thai-English English-Thai Software Dictionary…
In September Chris and Benjawan gifted readers at WLT with two of their new software dictionaries, so I announced them with a draw: Win a FREE Thai-English English-Thai Software Dictionary.
Amy Praphantanathorn (Expat Women in Thailand – no longer online) and Talen (Thailand Land of Smiles – no longer online) did the honours (thanks you two!)
The lucky winners of the dictionaries were Alok Singh and Todd Daniels. As Todd’s email of thanks was so fun-fantastic, I just had to share it with everyone here.
Just a quick note: THANX!!…
That is one slick program, but seeing as it came from Benjawan I’d expect nothing less, lol..
I’m currently reading thru the English dictionary, and have got to “F” so far. I especially like the pronunciation guide she offers called ‘Easy Thai’. Now I can replicate a Thai word pretty darned close without even having to click the sound file. In fact a Thai who was watching me said I was really close to the mark using this pronunciation guide. Now if I could only remember how the words are pronounced in real life I won’t be saying things like “I’m gonna go change my ‘tiger’ before going out tonite.”
I hafta say I am totally impressed with this, and used it almost exclusively to decipher some of the vocab I didn’t know whilst I’m reading another of Andrew Biggs’ books called เกรงใจแปลว่าอะไรเป็นภาษาอังกฤษ (Kraeng Jai translates into what in the English language?) Then again how many times am I gonna use words like ขนบธรรมเนียม or เกียรติ in everyday speech?
Really though, thanx a lot! I’d even go so far as to suggest anyone interested in learning Thai whose uses Benjawan’s books to purchase this program. And for me, that’s goin’ out on a limb. 555+
Review: Thai Language Schools in Bangkok
Chris, Benjawan, and their Software Dictionary on WLT…
- Interview: Benjawan Poomsan Becker
- Learn Thai with Benjawan Poomsan Becker
- Chris Pirazzi at Slice-of-thai.com
- Interview: Successful Thai Language Learners: Chris Pirazzi
- Review: Three-Way Talking Thai Dictionary: Mac and PC
- Backstage View into the Process of Creating a Thai Dictionary
- Win a FREE Thai-English English-Thai Software Dictionary
- Thai-English English-Thai Software Dictionary: The Winners
If you want a dictionary of your own, you can get it here: Thai-English English-Thai Software Dictionary
Latest posts by Catherine Wentworth (see all)
- FREE Thai Course in Suk: Learn to Read and Write Thai - August 14, 2017
- FREE DOWNLOADS: Updated Quick & Dirty Thai Vocabulary and Phrases - August 10, 2017
- Cultural Exchange Camp: Help Thai Students in Bangkrajao Improve their English - August 2, 2017