WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers Giveaway…
Wow, was that ever a tough competition. I swear, it gets harder each year – but so worthwhile (fun too). In the Top 25 Language Blogs of 2017, WLT came 15th. I’m soooo chuffed! Did you see the competition in the blog section? Wowza. The fabulous Universe Of Memory deservedly came first – it’s a fantastic blog (I’m a fan).
In the Top 100 Language Lovers 2017 section, where they trim 400 entries down to 100, WLT made it to 30th place. Not too shabby! I’m one happy camper this year.
And even more good news, Wannaporn Muangkham’s Learn Thai with พร came seventh in the Top 25 Language Facebook Pages 2017 section and 46th in the Top 100 Language Lovers 2017 section. Congrats Wannaporn! It’s totally well deserved. I just love your stuff :)
Via the TLL competition, in past years I discovered The iceberg project, Learn Italian with Lucrezia, Universe Of Memory and too many more to mention here. My new find this year is the German blog Sprachheld, that promises to help save time learning languages. I’m game.
WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers series…
• Help Nominate the Top 100 Language Lovers of 2017!
Each year Bab.la and Lexiophiles put out a request for new nominees (previous entries are automatically added).
• Please Vote THAI | 2017: Top 100 Language Lovers Competition
And now … the voting begins!
• Happy Birthday Bab.la! – Celebrating TEN Years and TEN Days!
Bab.la turned ten this year and I’m proud to admit to being a fan for nine of those years (since the first year of the competition). Congrats Bab.la – here’s the ten more!
And now to the prizes in WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers Giveaway – for everyone. That’s right. If you haven’t downloaded yours, please do.
• WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers Giveaway: PickUp Thai
Yuki and Miki created Anki files (complete with audio) to go with PickUp Thai‘s free courses.
• WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers Giveaway: Learn Thai with พร
Wannaporn Muangkham’s 65 Useful Thai Phrases You Won’t Find in a Travel Phrasebook series was put into spreadsheets to use in Anki, Flashcards Deluxe, Quizlet, etc. Audio included.
• WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Lovers Giveaway: Benjawan and Paiboon Publishing
Benjawan Poomsan Becker‘s vocabulary list from Thai for Beginners, Thai for Intermediate Learners and Thai for Advanced Learners was recorded, then put into spreadsheets to use with your flashcard app/software of choice.
• WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Giveaway: Arthit and Duke Language School
Duke Language School sponsored one chapter from each of their Journey books (1-3), and Arthit sent a chapter from his popular Read Thai In 10 Days ebook. Audio included with both.
• WLT’s 2017 Thai Language Giveaway: L-Lingo
Achim sent in L-Lingo‘s top 1000 Thai words from their brand new 5000+ words VoCab trainer. As an additional treat, audio included. Phrases come with each word.
• Top 100 Language Lovers Competition: Giving Thanks
You’ve all been great. Thanks again! I owe – I owe.
So that’s a wrap! Thank you everyone – the 2017 TLL Competition was a hoot.
Latest posts by Catherine Wentworth (see all)
- EXTENDED: PickupThai Podcast’s Songkran Sale - April 16, 2018
- Pocket Thai’s Songkran Sale 2018 - April 12, 2018
- Language Exchange Chiang Mai: English, Thai, Chinese, German and more - April 10, 2018