It’s unreal how quick this competition is flying by. The voting started on May 17th and now WHOOOOSH there’s only FIVE days left to vote!
With that in mind, I wanted to take this time to say “thank you” to those who have shown support by voting. And I also wanted to give special thanks to friends who went further by promoting the competition. It means a lot to me.
- Benjawan Poomsan Becker (Queen of the Thai language) shared the competition in her fabulous new Facebook group: Thai and Lao Interpreters’ Study Group ล่ามไทย ນາຍພາສາລາວ
- Jonas Anderson (talented Lookthung performer and so much more) also shared the competition on his Facebook: Jonas Anderson / โจนัส แอนเดอร์สัน
- Jack Yan (brand consultant, author, publisher, the man behind Lucire – the list is huge) shared the competition on twitter: @jackyan
- Richard Barrow (the top tourism blogger and twitter person in Thailand) tweeted the competition several times: @RichardBarrow
- Yuki and Miki (sister team behind one of my favourite Thai language courses) also shared the competition on twitter: @PickupThai
- Michel (passionate student of Thai from way out there in Switzerland) shared the competition on twitter as well: @MichelGeneva
- Terry Fredrickson (editor at the Bangkok Post) penned an article for the learning section of the post that left me grinning from ear to ear: Learning Thai: Vote for the best websites
- Achim (the brains behind the progressive language course, L-Lingo) gave his followers a heads up about the 2017 TLL contest and giveaway: Facebook: L-Lingo
And of course thanking bab.la and Lexiophiles is a no brainer! Also, without guest writers, WLT wouldn’t be half the site it is, so even more thanks goes to Sean Harley, Hugh Leong, Yuki Tachaya, Tod Daniels, Andrej, Rikker Dockum, Luke Cassady-Dorion and even more Guest Writers. I sure hope I haven’t forgotten anyone…
Latest posts by Catherine Wentworth (see all)
- Trash Hero Kids of Thailand: How to Say NO to Straws in Thai - June 16, 2017
- Paiboon Language Academy: Press Release - June 14, 2017
- Top 100 Language Lovers of 2017: The Votes are IN! - June 10, 2017